; Plisherrific: Glitzy Overdose - Milani Paint the Town Red + Red Sparkle + Jewel FX Gold, Ulta3 Charmed, China Glaze Medallion, Revlon Slipper

Dec 24, 2011

Glitzy Overdose - Milani Paint the Town Red + Red Sparkle + Jewel FX Gold, Ulta3 Charmed, China Glaze Medallion, Revlon Slipper


If there's one thing I've discovered... it's that I'm absolute pants at layering. All these combinations which seem like such a great idea, turn out looking like a holiday supplies warehouse exploded over my nails. OH WELL, I shall inflict them upon you anyway...

I usually test my ideas on one nail first, but for some reason, despite it looking terrible, I STILL KEEP GOING. I don't know either...

[One coat: Milani Paint the Town Red]
Milani Paint the Town Red is a fairly recent addition to my collection but becoming a fast favourite. It's a warm red with gold shimmer, and is part of the Liquid Metal collection.

[One coat: Milani Paint the Town Red]
This is one coat! No streakiness, formula is thin and dries fast like most Milani polishes I have - I really like them! I should have stopped here, ey...

[Milani Paint the Town Red (1 coat) + Milani Red Sparkle (1 coat)]
I then topped it off with one coat of Milani One Coat Glitter in Red Sparkle, just to make it more glitzy...

[Milani Paint the Town Red (1 coat) + Milani Red Sparkle (1 coat) + Ulta3 Charmed (2 coats)]
Then I grabbed Ulta3 Charmed, a fine green glitter in a clear base, and slapped on two coats. Close-up, it's pretty and sparkly, but unfortunately, from afar, it darkens the red down into a... less festive shade. LOL.

[Milani Paint the Town Red (1 coat) + Milani Red Sparkle (1 coat) + Ulta3 Charmed (2 coats)]
[Tips: Milani Jewel FX Gold]

The tips were then capped off with Milani Jewel FX in Gold - large hexagonal glitter in a clear base. I actually quite like the Jewel FX even though it does take some effort for placement - it's just so reflective!

[Close up: It seemed like a good idea at the time...]
HAHAHA, I don't even know what's going on. At least it is crazy shiny...

Anyway, after a day or two, the accent finger and the gaps between the glitter tips were annoying me. I layered over the tips with China Glaze Medallion, pretty much my go-to gold glitter for its multiple glitter sizes, holo and density.

[Accent: China Glaze Emerald Sparkle (2 coats) + Revlon Slipper (1 coat)]
[Tips: Milani Jewel FX Gold (1 coat) + China Glaze Medallion (1 coat)]
The accent finger is China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, topped off with a layer of Revlon Slipper from the Just Add Sparkle collection. Slipper is a clear base with small red and silver glitter and larger round holo glitter (which I avoided here). This seems like a much better combo that I probably should have started out with!

Be warned... my layering adventure (nightmare?) does not end here... =p

I hope all of you have a good end-of-year-festive-season-of-your-choice!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment