; Plisherrific: Holly-days: NYX Lime Sparkle + NYX Girls Gilded Glitter

Dec 19, 2011

Holly-days: NYX Lime Sparkle + NYX Girls Gilded Glitter


Good Monday! We're heading straight for the middle of the silly season, with Christmas parties galore - that means dressing up, nails included! Here's a quick look I did for a casual work lunch we had, filled with delicious goodies.

[In the bottle: NYX Lime (Sparkle)]
Listed as NYX Lime Sparkle on Cherry Culture, the bottle is simply labelled NYX Lime. It is a fantastically shiny kelly green jelly base with tons of gold glitter. Unfortunately, it is a bit sheer, but dry time is not bad so I didn't mind layering it on. Layering with glitter-jelly combinations also makes for gorgeous depth!

[Four coats: NYX Lime (Sparkle)]
Here's four coats of NYX Lime Sparkle. I was so disappointed that I couldn't capture how shiny this was!  Imagine twinkly nails glinting every time you move your hands - magpie heaven!

[Four coats: NYX Lime (Sparkle)]
Another angle to attempt to capture sparkle....

[NYX Lime Sparkle (4 coats) + NYX Girls Gilded Glitter (1 coat) + Rhinestones]
It was already plenty shiny, but I slapped on a coat of NYX Girls Gilded Glitter. Jme has already swatched it here but briefly again, it's basically heaps of pale gold flakies suspended in a clear base. Even more shiny! I then placed three red 3mm rhinestones as holly berries on my ring finger. The leaf was a green triangular rhinestone.

[NYX Lime Sparkle (4 coats) + NYX Girls Gilded Glitter (1 coat) + Rhinestones]
Different angles, and closeups to capture the shine! I love festivities and special occasions (whether I do or do not celebrate them...) because I'll take any excuse for sparkles!

I hope everyone has a great week in the lead-up to Christmas - here's to lots of delicious food, great company and shiny polish!



0 comments:

Post a Comment