; Plisherrific: Got The Blues - China Glaze Blue Sparrow + Shooting Stars

May 24, 2012

Got The Blues - China Glaze Blue Sparrow + Shooting Stars

I wanted a real bright blue nail polish, and Ev recommended China Glaze's Blue Sparrow while we were out shopping. It is gorgeouusssss...

[China Glaze Blue Sparrow (Neon)]
I love it, but I think it needs a glossy top coat to be truly appreciated. Blue Sparrow is a true neon shade, so it's bright but dries matte. The moment I layered a gloss top coat over Blue Sparrow, the blue microglitter in the polish really sparkled. The nail polish is so lovely!


[Base: China Glaze Blue Sparrow
Tips: China Glaze Shooting Stars]
As I mentioned in my past post, I have a chip on one of my nails, so I'll be doing gradient manis and French tips for the next few weeks to reinforce the nail and keep it from breaking. For this mani, I used China Glaze's Shooting Stars as a sort of gradient-French mani. (Is there a correct name for this?)


[Base: China Glaze Blue Sparrow
Tips: China Glaze Shooting Stars]
I love China Glaze's Shooting Stars. It's a dense, fine silver holo glitter, with the holo leaning towards an orange and green shade. It also has pastel-coloured holo hex glitter. The hex glitter catches the light in a soft, captivating way. Layering it over Blue Sparrow provides a nice contrast, and it's just shiny prettiness everywhere.

I only have one outdoor photo (as seen above) because the others just turned out weird. :(


[Base: China Glaze Blue Sparrow
Tips: China Glaze Shooting Stars]
[Base: China Glaze Blue Sparrow
Tips: China Glaze Shooting Stars]
Blurry iPhone photo so that you can see the pretty holo! It really is a strangely soft holo, hard to describe, but immensely pretty.

I'm so happy with these China Glaze hauls! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment