; Plisherrific: Spicks n' Specks - Australis Crystal Colour Speck-tacular Flakie Top Coat

May 7, 2012

Spicks n' Specks - Australis Crystal Colour Speck-tacular Flakie Top Coat


Hi all! It's another week here at Plish Central! I've got an awesome polish here that's been pretty big since it was introduced earlier this year - Australis Speck-tacular! An affordable home-grown flakie topcoat, it's part of the Australia Crystal Colour range and is widely available wherever Australis is sold (Priceline, Kmart, Target etc...).  

[2 coats: Australis Crystal Colour Top Coat in Speck-tacular]
Here it is on a plain black creme base (what is with that giant bubble on my pinky!). I did notice on my last venture into Target that Chi Chi has come up with a VERY similar flakie top coat but at AUD12.95, it's quite a bit pricier than Australis' AUD8.95 for what looks like a smaller bottle even.

[Bottle to nail: Australis Crystal Colour Top Coat in Speck-tacular (2 coats)]
The bottle holds 10ml and the label reads, "Crystal Colour Top Coat - Strengthening Top Coat with Holographic Reflective Flakes"... I don't think holo is quite what they mean here...  If I'm not wrong, there is some gold to green colour shift going on but the majority of the flakies range from orange, blue, green and gold.

[2 coats: Australis Crystal Colour Top Coat in Speck-tacular]
This is two coats - isn't it gorgeous! There is a healthy amount of blue flakies in there but they blend into the dark base more so are less obvious than the other brighter colours. The formula is a little thick but it dries quite nice and shiny. 

[Close-up: Australis Crystal Colour Top Coat in Speck-tacular (2 coats)]
Here's a close up to show the different flakie types in there. I love that the size of the flakies vary so much as well. Altogether a great, affordable option to many pricier, harder-to-find flakies mixes out there for us here in Australia! Although I'm still looking out for an awesome red flakie.... The search continues!

Have a good week everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, very nice pictures. I swatched the bottle you gave me but kept forgetting to take photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoass this looks amazing! flakies over black is a no fail (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I keep telling myself I need to try different bases but they always look soooo good over black!

      Delete
  3. Love this! I bought a spare bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, good idea! Maybe I should invest in one too...

      Delete