; Plisherrific: Froggy Ferny Cabbage - Halloween Challenge #8: Witches

Oct 26, 2012

Froggy Ferny Cabbage - Halloween Challenge #8: Witches


Halloween Challenge #8 is witches! Well, mine is witch, singular. I love love love the iconic image from Wicked with Elphaba and Glinda.... but trying to do positive/negative space with nail polish was a bit beyond my patience and I was in a rush... =(

[... the mani is unnaturally.... GREEN!]
I'd somehow skipped over witches and prepared my mani for the graveyard challenge instead, ending up a bit short on time for this... so Elphaba is all I've got!

[Bottle to nail: China Glaze Starboard (2 coats)]
I started with a base of China Glaze Starboard from the Anchors Away collection. This one is a bit of an odd one! It photographs beautifully vibrant as a rich grassy green, but in actual life, it's a fairly dusty shade.

[2 coats: China Glaze Starboard]
Despite that, it's rich and buttery and is fully opaque in two coats. If you do one careful thick coat, you can get it opaque in one too!

[Base: China Glaze Starboard; Glitter: Femme Fatale Ghoulish Glee;
Nail art: Sally Hansen Black, LA Girl Blackout, Kleancolor Passion Flame]
Sorry, I was rushing it, so no process pics! Briefly, for the ring finger, I blocked in the black with a Sally Hansen nail art pen in Black before colouring in the large black spaces with LA Girl Blackout, a plain black creme. The other fingers, I layered with the gorgeously sparkly Ghoulish Glee from Femme Fatale cosmetics (so gorgeous, it definitely needs a post of its own soon!) before blocking in the black for her hair/hat/cape after. The red was done with Kleancolor Nail to Toe nail art polish in Passion Flame.

Hope you like my Wicked-inspired witchy manicure!


2 comments:

  1. I loveeee it. I love wicked even if I never say it before ! I always wanted to watch it

    ReplyDelete