; Plisherrific: Magical Mélange - Orly Fowl Play, Topshop Nails Gypsy Night, China Glaze Twinkle Lights

Sep 30, 2013

Magical Mélange - Orly Fowl Play, Topshop Nails Gypsy Night, China Glaze Twinkle Lights


Another old manicure featuring glitter tips and a bonus polish comparison!

[Jelly, glitter, flakies, french, oh my!]
The two polishes featured here are not dupes, but they are kinda in a similar vein, with both glitter and colour-shifting flakies in a somewhat jelly base. Sorry for the amazing orange tan my fingers appear to have... =p I think I was trying to get the polish colours as close as possible at the expense of my regular pasty fingers...

[Bottle to nail: Orly Fowl Play]
On my index and ring fingers is Orly Fowl Play, a purple jelly with red-to-green duochrome flakes mixed in with blue, silver and iridescent glitter. This one was a bit thick and takes a while to dry so you have to be careful not to dent it while waiting.

[Bottle to nail: Topshop Nails Gypsy Night]
I picked up Topshop Nails' Gypsy Night when I was in London last year because I just couldn't resist! This is a black jelly base with tons of multicoloured and silver holo glitter as well as red-to-green duochrome flakies. Formula was alright to work with (or at least I don't remember any issues!).

[Index and ring: Orly Fowl Play; Middle and pinky: Topshop Nails Gypsy Night]
These photos show the different glitters and the duochrome shift. I'm not sure which one I like better! In spite of them being pretty similar, they are... still different! If that makes sense....

[Index and ring: Orly Fowl Play; Middle and pinky: Topshop Nails Gypsy Night
Tips: China Glaze Twinkle Lights]


Not being able to leave it alone, I chucked some glitter tips on using China Glaze Twinkle Lights. This polish is wonderfully named as it's a mix of gold, red and green glitter that really twinkles!

To be honest, I started a new job two months ago that (among a host of social commitments) has been keeping me crazy busy. I've only just run out of pre-written scheduled posts and really need to sit down soon to edit a bunch of photos, so fingers crossed, there'll be some "fresher" posts coming up soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment