; Plisherrific: Geometric Sunrise - Essence Here's My Number, LA Colors Spat!, Tips & Toes 07

Jan 16, 2014

Geometric Sunrise - Essence Here's My Number, LA Colors Spat!, Tips & Toes 07

Fun with striping tape, yay!

[Top: Essence Here's My Number
Base orange: LA Colors Spat!
Base yellow: Tips & Toes 07]
The base is a gradient mani, a neon orange to neon yellow. I used striping tape to tape off the geometric diamond shape you see above, and then I painted over the tape with Essence Here's My Number. Here's My Number is a 'Sparkle Sand Effect' polish, which I think is supposed to be similar to the OPI Liquid Sand collection. However, it's definitely not as rough or sandy as OPI's. I've added a glossy top coat so you can't really see the shiny sand effect anyway, but maybe I'll do a proper swatch another day.

As for the base...

[Orange: LA Colors Spat!
Yellow: Tips & Toes 07]
The gradient was done over a white polish, to bring out the neon better. The neon orange is LA Colors Spat! while the neon yellow is Tips & Toes 07, and I used the sponge method to create this gradient.

Overall, I loved the bright gradient and it suits the summer weather so well. Adding the geometric design over it meant I got a longer wear out of the gradient (since it was starting to chip after a couple days) and I thought it looked pretty funky!

0 comments:

Post a Comment