; Plisherrific: Candy Colours - EpicNail Summertime Shellac Starter Kit Shades

Feb 15, 2014

Candy Colours - EpicNail Summertime Shellac Starter Kit Shades


Here's the next post in my review of the EpicNail Summertime Shellac Starter Kit. If you missed the overview or the application post, just click on the links to check them out!

Today's post is about the other colours that come in the kit, as well as a little bit about removal using the foil method and acetone.

[EpicNail Summertime Shellac Starter kit]
As I mentioned before, there are 6 colours in this kit, four cremes (Cheeky Pink, Sherbet Sorbet, Big Sky and Aqua Addiction) and two glitters (Summer Dream and Cosmo).

[Pinky to index: Cheeky Pink, Cosmo, Blue Sky, Summer Dream; Thumb: Sherbet Sorbet]
As I'm using Aqua Addiction for my wear test, I did skittles of the other shades so you can get an idea of how they look like on!

Pinky: Cheeky Pink is a medium pink creme, slightly on the cooler side.
Ring:
Cosmo is a bright retro red with matching hex glitter in various sizes. It looks like a jelly finish and has great depth to the glitter. I really like this shade too!
Middle: Sky Blue is a medium blue creme, a bit dustier than my photos show.
Index: Summer Dream is the sister polish to Cosmo, this time in yellow. I had a bit of trouble with this shade - it was thicker than the others and needed a bit of dabbing to apply evenly. I also found out what happens when you "paint outside the lines" and then cure the polish! That's it right there just completely solid after curing!
Thumb: Sherbet Sorbet is a medium orange creme, a finish and shade that always reminds me of M&Ms or Reese's Pieces!

[Pinky to index: Cheeky Pink, Cosmo, Blue Sky, Summer Dream]
All of these are basecoat, 2x polish, finished with topcoat. Each layer cured for 90 seconds under the supplied LED lamp. All of them had a super glossy finish and cured completely dry. As I said before, the only shade which wasn't as easy to apply was Summer Dream. But what about removal?

[Removal: Foil + Acetone + 10 minutes]
I have NEVER used the foil method before now because I have "teflon nails" and polishes tend to peel off my nail easily in a single piece just with a nice hot shower. Anyway, I was a bit daunted by how sturdy these shellac polishes were after curing, so I used some of the handy foil pieces from EpicNail, soaked the cotton with a generous helping of acetone and wrapped my nails up for about 10 minutes.

It was pretty interesting to see the layers of polish just lift off in flakes after a good soaking in acetone! The basecoat was a bit harder to get off and I finished off with a good rubbing in acetone to get off the last bits. Not too difficult in the end! Do remember to slap on some hand/nail cream after though because acetone can be very drying to your skin and nails. =)

I'll be back soon with the results of my wear test using Aqua Addiction so watch this space!


0 comments:

Post a Comment