; Plisherrific: Featherheads - China Glaze Flock Together

Aug 25, 2014

Featherheads - China Glaze Flock Together


I wasn't quite sure how I felt about the "feather" polish trend initially so this was one of my first forays into it! I think it does look pretty cool but it certainly depends on the glitter quality and colour combination!

[Bottle to nail: China Glaze Flock Together (2 coats) over Essence The Dawn is Broken]
The honour goes to China Glaze Flock Together, a combination of black, blue and pale green bar glitter in a clear base. I used a gray base shade for this - Essence The Dawn is Broken (see swatch here), followed by two coats of Flock Together.

[Glitter: China Glaze Flock Together (2 coats); Base: Essence The Dawn is Broken]
The old bar glitter from aaaages ago used to be a pain! Curling, sticking out, generally getting in the way and making it oh-so-tempting to pick off your nail. I'm happy to say that I didn't have this issue at all with Flock Together. Everything lay flat and leveled out. It did dry a bit bumpy but nothing some topcoat can't fix!

[Glitter: China Glaze Flock Together (2 coats); Base: Essence The Dawn is Broken]
I think it definitely helps that the bars are shorter. After testing this out, I think I'd definitely like to experiment a bit more with bar glitter in my polish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment