; Plisherrific: Juicy Shine - Maybelline Cuddle Me Mauve, PA AA38

Sep 8, 2014

Juicy Shine - Maybelline Cuddle Me Mauve, PA AA38


I went on a flakie kick for a bit (I'm working up to glitter manis at work... just watch me go!)... and here's one of my manis using a flakie topper.

[Bottle to nail: Maybelline Cuddle Me Mauve (2 coats)]
As a base shade, I used Maybelline Wet Shine in Cuddle Me Mauve. An adorable name and a gorgeous polish. Cuddle Me Mauve is a dusty pink creme filled with subtle gold sparkles. Very pretty, very worksafe.

[2 coats: Maybelline Cuddle Me Mauve]
Cuddle Me Mauve has a pretty good formula and reaches opacity in two coats. It also dries glossy, as the name suggests!

[Base: Maybelline Cuddle Me Mauve (2 coats); Flakies: pa AA38]
To add a bit more sparkle to this mani, I put on a layer of orange-to-green duochrome flakies by PA in shade AA38. I purchased this in Japan at Don Quixote! I know some Japanese stores in the US do stock PA flakies, and I've seen PA polishes in stores in Sydney but not the flakie range so far.

[Base: Maybelline Cuddle Me Mauve (2 coats); Flakies: pa AA38]
At any rate, these flakies are fairly small in size and apply smoothly, no trouble at all! This combination blends well with my pinkish base shade so it doesn't stand out too much, while lending a bit of extra oomph to a regular work mani. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment