; Plisherrific: Blues Party - Orly Lunar Eclipse, Clio Nail Styler S424

Oct 13, 2014

Blues Party - Orly Lunar Eclipse, Clio Nail Styler S424


Easing back into the glitter game... by my standards, at least!

[Glitter = Good!]
An easy tip for matching multi-coloured glitter toppers is to pick a base which matches one of the glitter components in your topper. Here, I've chosen blue as the core shade for this mani!

[Bottle to nail: Orly Lunar Eclipse (3 coats)]
I started with a base of Orly Lunar Eclipse. I've swatched this previously but decided to take some better photos of this polish.
 
[3 coats: Orly Lunar Eclipse]
As I mentioned previously, it appears to have a duochrome shift in the bottle but mostly appears as a sparkly blue glass fleck on the nails. You might see a faint hint of purple in the shimmer but that's about it. Thin formula and needs three coats for full opacity, but dries fairly quickly to a super sparkly finish!

[In the bottle: Clio Nail Styler S424]
I then chose one of my new acquisitions from Korea as a topper. This is Clio Nail Styler S424, a multi-colour multi-shape glitter topper with large and small hexes and square glitter in blue, orange, purple and gold. I really love this colour combination!

[Base: Orly Lunar Eclipse (3 coats); Glitter: Clio Nail Styler S424 (1 coat)]
Here's just one coat over Lunar Eclipse. Excellent glitter density and quick drying time! All the glitter lays flat too.

[Base: Orly Lunar Eclipse (3 coats); Glitter: Clio Nail Styler S424 (1 coat)]
It actually looks a bit less dense than it actually is because the blue glitter matches the base shade a bit TOO well. I'd like to try this again with a contrasting base!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment