; Plisherrific: Raspberry Ice - Layla Cherry Diva, Essie Peak of Chic, Essie Hors d'oeuvres

Jul 13, 2015

Raspberry Ice - Layla Cherry Diva, Essie Peak of Chic, Essie Hors d'oeuvres


Usually when I combine more than two polishes together, my love for shiny ends up overwhelming any hint of good taste I may have started out with... I'd like to think this is one of my more successful attempts!

[Glitter cupcake]
This here is a combination of three shiny polishes, all in different ways. The base is Layla Softouch Effect in Cherry Diva which I've previously used here. After a few days, I got bored (and also picked up some new polishes I was dying to try out!) so I added a bit more shiny!

[Bottle to nail: Essie Peak of Chic (tips); Base: Layla Cherry Diva]
 I first started out with a glitter gradient french tip of Essie Peak of Chic from the Encrusted Treasures collection. Peak of Chic is a lovely snowy combination of white and silver holographic bar glitter in a clear base. Definitely gonna try it out with some shades of blue for a snowy winter manicure one day!

[Base: Layla Cherry Diva; Tips: Essie Peak of Chic]
This mixture kinda reminds me of a raspberry coconut cupcake or something...


[Bottle to nail: Essie Hors d'oeuvres; Base: Layla Cherry Diva; Bar: Essie Peak of Chic]
I then tipped everything off with a dabbed layer of Essie Hors d'oeuvres from the same collection. So it goes vaguely from least blingy to most blingy as you go from lunula to tip. Or at least that's the idea...

[Base: Layla Cherry Diva; Bar: Essie Peak of Chic; Tips: Essie Hors d'oeuvres]
I did skip topcoat though to preserve the suede-matte finish of the Layla Softouch base. All in all, I think it turned out alright!


0 comments:

Post a Comment