; Plisherrific: Afternoon Tea - LA Girl Indulge, China Glaze Ahoy!, Born Pretty BP-L023

May 2, 2016

Afternoon Tea - LA Girl Indulge, China Glaze Ahoy!, Born Pretty BP-L023


Stamping over a gradient is always a winner in my book! Here's what I did over last week's gradient..

[Yum yum]
Mmm, coffee, ice cream, caaaaake! This one's specially dedicated to my friend C, who not only gave me the polishes used here, but also loves her caffeine and desserts! =)

[Base: La Girl Color Addict Indulge (2 coats); Tips: China Glaze Ahoy!]
Quick reminder of last week - A base of LA Girl Color Addict Indulge with a sponged on gradient of China Glaze Ahoy!

[Born Pretty BP-L023]
We were generously provided with some plates for review from Born Pretty and this is one of them. Plate BP-L023 - check it out here! Isn't it just scrumptious! Like all Born Pretty plates, this one arrived with a gorgeous cardboard sleeve for storage and was covered in a protective blue film.

[Born Pretty BP-L023]
Here it is with the film removed. There's all sorts of adorable patterns on here that I'm really looking forward to testing out - the pineapple and citrus slice ones in particular are great summer designs! For my manicure today, I tested out the coffee-dessert one in the second row from top, fifth from the left.

[Base: La Girl Color Addict Indulge (2 coats); Tips: China Glaze Ahoy!;
Stamping: Hit The Bottle As Black As Night, Born Pretty BP-L023]
..and here it is! I was really impressed by how clearly the designs were picked up - even the steam rising off the coffee mug came through really nicely. I used a plain black creme stamping polish from Hit The Bottle: As Black As Night for this stamping.

[Base: La Girl Color Addict Indulge (2 coats); Tips: China Glaze Ahoy!;
Stamping: Hit The Bottle As Black As Night, Born Pretty BP-L023]
All up, I was really pleased with the way this turned out and the quality of the plate - can't wait to try out the other designs!

I got so excited, I actually did a quick test of some of the other full nail designs. I'm so impressed by the quality of transfer, just look at that! Some are lacking polish at the top of the design not due to the plate, but because I just did one quick swipe of polish along the bottom before scraping so it wasn't enough to fill the plate - especially those with so much space to fill. But seriously, check out those teacups!

Once again, this plate is available from Born Pretty here, along with heaps of other cool nail art stuff at very reasonable prices with free shipping. As if that's not good enough, just use our code above for an extra 10% off, wooooo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment