; Plisherrific: Bust A Cap - Lacquistry Soulstice, Lacquistry Rediculous, Orly Au Champagne, Amy's Nail Boutique Patriot

Jun 3, 2016

Bust A Cap - Lacquistry Soulstice, Lacquistry Rediculous, Orly Au Champagne, Amy's Nail Boutique Patriot

It's Marvel movie themed nail art again! What a mouthful.

Last time, I showed you my Iron Man themed nails for when I watched Captain America: Civil War. I'm Team Iron Man through and through, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate Cap (and that wonderful scene with the helicopter :P). So I had fun putting together a Captain America themed mani for the Civil War movie!

[Spiral: Lacquistry's Soulstice and Lacquistry's Rediculous
Base: Orly Au Champagne and Amy's Nail Boutique Patriot]
So this is an approximation of Steve's shield. Very red, blue and white.

[Orly Au Champagne and Amy's Nail Boutique Patriot]
So for my base, I used Orly Au Champagne, my favourite white nail polish ever. You can't see it very well here, but it's this semi-matte, shimmery snow-like nail polish, and okay, have a link to a close-up from an old post. On top of Au Champagne, I added Amy's Nail Boutique's Patriot. Patriot, which is aptly named, consists of matte blue, red and white microglitter. I was going for a theme obviously! The reason why I added Patriot was because I didn't want there to be too much white for this mani.

[Spiral: Lacquistry's Soulstice and Lacquistry's Rediculous
Base: Orly Au Champagne and Amy's Nail Boutique Patriot]
Then I used spiral nail vinyls that I got from Femme Fatale Cosmetics. The vinyls are mostly easy to use, just peel them off and stick them on your nails, then paint over with nail polish of choice and remove vinyls. My only problem was that it's really hard to keep them adhered to your nails perfectly. Because our nails curve, so the vinyls tend to lift off.

So to paint over the vinyls, I used Lacquistry's Soulstice, which is microflakie glitter in a blue jelly base, and Lacquistry's Rediculous, which is a microflakie glitter in a red jelly base.

I think it turned out nicely. The red and blue 'splatter' from Patriot makes the mani look a little more artsy.

I got plenty of comments on this mani and all in all, I loved how this Cap mani turned out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment