; Plisherrific: Snow Blues - Born Pretty Haru No Uta Plate L008, Born Pretty Polish #9, Australis Jeanie in A Bottle, Orly Au Champagne

Aug 18, 2016

Snow Blues - Born Pretty Haru No Uta Plate L008, Born Pretty Polish #9, Australis Jeanie in A Bottle, Orly Au Champagne

In the last post, Ev mentioned that it seems like the theme of the year for us is Stamp All The Things! That certainly does seem to be true! But then she also said that we were getting pretty good at it, and the post I was preparing immediately disproves that... /o\  She's doing fine, but I obviously still have a ways to go...

[We're all a 'special snowflake'...]
Look! Snowflakes stamping! And to show my hand that I'm still an amateur, it's clearly smudgy and spotty in parts. Oh dear...

[Haru No Uta 春の歌 plate L008]
This is Born Pretty's Harunouta (Haru No Uta) 春の歌 plate L008, sent to us for review. You can click on the image above to see it in full size and properly admire the beautiful detail on the rectangular plate. It comes with a new, rather pretty pink sleeve, as shown above as well, and the plate has a protective plastic sheet which I have already peeled off.

The designs consist of a variety of large snowflakes and also a couple pretty wheel patterns. I really do like the patterns, although it's difficult to show all the different parts of the large snowflakes. There are also small snowflakes at the top and bottom of the plate which fits easier on each nail. I rather like the webbing-lace pattern that joins all the snowflakes together. They stamp rather nicely!


[Dark base: Australis' Jeanie in A Bottle
Light base: Orly Au Champagne
Stamping: Born Pretty Stamping Polish #9, Haru No Uta plate L008]

What I originally did was have my last nail as the accent nail and use a white base coat for it instead. I did a single nail close-up so you can see the pattern better. The near-black navy blue base coat is Australis' Jeanie in A Bottle, while the white base coat on the last nail is Orly's Au Champagne, my favourite white polish which dries a matte almost foil-like white. The pale blue stamping polish is Born Pretty's Stamping Polish #9, which was also sent to us for review.

Alas, what was I thinking in regards to that accent nail? Pale blue against white does not contrast well enough. So I decided to stamp over it.


[Dark base: Australis' Jeanie in A Bottle
Light base: Orly Au Champagne
Stamping: Born Pretty Stamping Polish #9, Australis Jeanie in A Bottle, Haru No Uta plate L008]
The stamping polish I used for my last nail is... Australis' Jeanie in A Bottle! Yes, the base coat that I used for the other nails. It's pretty convenient that this nail polish works as a stamping polish too. I don't even have to look for another nail polish. :P As you can see, there's a vast difference in colour and that's because this Australis' collection has a thin formula. When used for stamping, where you scrape off most of the excess and leave only a thin coat behind, it stamps as a very pale version of what's in the bottle. So a navy blue nail polish ends up as a mid-blue stamp.

I think you can see the mistake with this new accent nail. The snowflake pattern was in the wrong direction, which makes the overall design on all four nails less cohesive. Oops...

The pale blue stamping nail polish #9 is rather good. I chose this colour because I wanted to test a pale colour and I'm rather glad with how it turned out. The pale blue polish stamps opaque and easily, and on a more expert hand, would produce crisp lines against a dark base.

I like the stamping plate, as described above. I love the new packaging and the designs on the plate are varied and pretty easy to stamp. You can choose almost any spot to stamp from and there's enough variety for several different manis!

If you like the stamping plate, it's currently on discount for $2.99 over here, which is a pretty solid deal in my opinion. You can get 10% off on other items if you use our code at Born Pretty's store!

0 comments:

Post a Comment