; Plisherrific: Copper Lightning - Hit the Bottle Burnt Orange, Sally Hansen Blue Me Away, Stamping Plate D by Cheeky

Sep 15, 2016

Copper Lightning - Hit the Bottle Burnt Orange, Sally Hansen Blue Me Away, Stamping Plate D by Cheeky

Today's stamping efforts kind of look... weird.

[Base: Sally Hansen Blue Me Away
Stamping: Hit the Bottle Burnt Orange, Stamping plate D by Cheeky]
Weird and a little creepy, for reasons I can't place. But I'm going to share it anyway, because you should get to see misadventures in nail polish as well. :P The base polish is Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away (good one, SH!), which is a nice sky blue. The stamping polish is Hit the Bottle's Burnt Orange. It's a copper-gold colour and stamps opaque beautifully.

[Stamping plate D by Cheeky]
This is jumbo stamping plate D by Cheeky, from the 2012 collection. As I mentioned in my last post, you can still buy this on Amazon. The pattern I'm using in this post is the one with a dark pink square around it and you can click on the image above for a larger picture.

[Base: Sally Hansen Blue Me Away
Stamping: Hit the Bottle Burnt Orange, Stamping plate D by Cheeky]
I usually love blue and gold/brown combinations. I thought the pattern also looked lovely on the plate. But on my nails, it just looks a little weird. I think my nails are kind of small and narrow so you couldn't see more of the pattern, which makes it look like there's just weird squiggly lines across my nails rather than a coherent image.

The stamping itself was fine. The pattern stamped easily and the Hit the Bottle stamping polish is a dream to work with as usual. The end result just wasn't what I expected. What do you all think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment