; Plisherrific: Chocolate Covers - Sally Hansen Purple Potion, Revlon LilyChrome, Sally Hansen What In Carnation

May 11, 2017

Chocolate Covers - Sally Hansen Purple Potion, Revlon LilyChrome, Sally Hansen What In Carnation

On a very random starting note, the purple of this nail polish exactly matches the colour of the Cadbury chocolate bar wrapper, which is why this nail polish reminds me so much of Cadbury, hah.

[All nails other than the ring finger: Sally Hansen Purple Potion, Revlon LilyChrome
Ring finger: Sally Hansen Purple Potion, Sally Hansen What In Carnation]
This mani is a result of my playing around on the silicone nail art mat again. I used Sally Hansen's Purple Potion for Cadbury purple nail polish and Revlon's LilyChrome, for the silver chrome nail polish. On my ring finger, I did try something different by using Sally Hansen's Purple Potion with Sally Hansen's What In Carnation, a very pale lavender creme polish.

As you can see, the lines of nail polish when used with a chrome polish like LilyChrome are very crisp and sharp, while this nail art done using creme polishes produces a softer look, as shown on the ring finger.


Here's all the nail art mani I did on the silicone mat. I like to play around with patterns and different nail polish combination too. I basically apply stripes of nail polish and then pull through the stripes with the tip of a tooth pick. Then I leave the nail polish to dry. In the photo above, I had already peeled them off the mat, which is why they're scattered everywhere.

[All nails other than the ring finger: Sally Hansen Purple Potion, Revlon LilyChrome
Ring finger: Sally Hansen Purple Potion, Essie Private Weekend]
On the ring finger for this one, it's really quite a mess. I used Purple Potion with Essie's Private Weekend, a white creme polish. I really did muck up the creme polish nail art, I think because they were just too watery and I had applied too much of it. Also, the creme nail polishes are very thin. If you want to create nail art like this on a silicone mat, apply a clear base coat first and leave it to dry. If you don't, the nail art you created could be too fragile to handle and can split down the seams without the dried base coat to hold it all together.

[All nails other than the ring finger: Sally Hansen Purple Potion, Revlon LilyChrome
Ring finger: Sally Hansen Purple Potion, Sally Hansen What In Carnation]
I really do like this colour combination. :)  And the outcome doesn't look too terrible either!


0 comments:

Post a Comment