; Plisherrific: Tick Tock - Born Pretty Time Travel BPX-L023, Hit the Bottle Spun Gold, Pretty Serious Dupe

Jul 6, 2017

Tick Tock - Born Pretty Time Travel BPX-L023, Hit the Bottle Spun Gold, Pretty Serious Dupe

Let's gear up for a little steampunk!

[Tick tock]
Right off the bat, I'll tell you that I really like how this turned out. The different gears on every nail and the colours just came together very nicely, in my humble opinion.

Let's start with my base. I used Pretty Serious' Dupe, which I swatched last week. Here it is again:

[Pretty Serious' Dupe]

Then I stamped over that using patterns from Born Pretty's Time Travel BPX-L023 stamping plate and Hit the Bottle's Spun Gold, a light gold stamping polish. Time Travel BPX-L023 has got a great variety of gears, in different styles and sizes.

[Born Pretty Time Travel BPX-L023 stamping plate]
I decided to use the gears in the big clock, because I thought the gears there had an awesome level of fine detail and the variety would keep the mani organic looking.

[Base: Pretty Serious Dupe
Stamping: Hit the Bottle Spun Gold, Born Pretty Time Travel BPX-L023 plate]
Okay, first off, I broke a nail on my left hand, which is why I'm kind of obviously blocking it in that first photo. Then on my right hand, I managed to smudge the stamped pattern towards the tips of my nails when I painted on my top coat. I dragged it a little too much, oh dear...

And here's some close-ups because I think they show off the stamped pattern against the blue-purple base pretty well.

[Base: Pretty Serious Dupe
Stamping: Hit the Bottle Spun Gold, Born Pretty Time Travel BPX-L023 plate]
I really do love the little gears on this plate. I love the gold gears against the purple-blue-green glitter. The sharp lines on the teeny tiny gears stamped so nicely as well. I got more compliments than usual on the mani, and a couple people stopped to look at them from close-up. Even I kept examining my own nails. What a fun mani this has turned out to be.



If you want your nails to look like the inside of an old timey clock, you can find Time Travel BPX-L023 here at Born Pretty. As usual, you can get non-sale items with a little discount if you use the code above!

0 comments:

Post a Comment